Conspiracy Theorists...........!



I have to say that I find conspiracy theorists usually tiresome, and I try to avoid them as far as I can. I remember on one occasion being in the internet room of Serena Hall a long while ago, and I was keeping an eye on some climate change conference on the net. I then talked briefly to a black friend in the vicinity who was of the opinion that it was all hoax. My ears were on fire. I could not believe what I was hearing, and I said I would rather believe in the scientific evidence from credible sources than some conspiracy theorist. He replied with "you would...wouldn't you.!" I then I asked him why he had said what he said!! What followed blew my mind, but I had to control myself. His response was  that certain big businesses wanted to make big money out of producing green products and services. In order to do this, they concocted the idea of climate change, and hence, the possible global warming catastrophe. I never heard such nonsense in my life..I nearly blew my top!... and my friend realizing this....quickly left the room. So, we have to believe that respected and credible scientists such as those in NASA are talking utter drivel, and making things up? Why would they want to risk their hard earned reputation by telling colossal porkies in cahoots with some "hidden" business agenda!! To use the American expression"I don't buy it!" It was beyond the joke, and I felt intellectually insulted.

Ofcourse, I am not saying that all conspiracy theories are false. There are some genuine ones, but a  good proportion of them spewing onto the internet are due to misinterpretation and misrepresentation of information, bad research, and fantasist type thinking.

However, I do have a theory that some of the ideas concerning the Illuminati, World Government, shapeshifting aliens etc may have some genuine substance in certain alternative realities (like ours), and these are sometimes confused by some people with happenings in the "real"  world of our five limited senses. Such confusion is often called madness, but this "madness" may not necessarily be due to purely subjective imagination running "amok."

Once I knew  someone called Paul. He seemed to be living in two "worlds" at once. One may call him a total "fantasist" in that he believed he was being hounded by aliens, UFOs, and the MIBs, or Men-in-Black. On occasion, he, and his long suffering wife were picked up by the police for reasons unknown ...or was he subject to some kind of conspiracy..!!!?


I used to know someone who was working for the local council...but then I discovered that he was well into conspiracy theories. I am afraid we had to part company...





 


PS One of the Staff at Serena Hall who also happened to be in charge of a church in High Wycombe took offence to the famous symbol above (ie. the Eye of God). It was depicted at the top end of a painting of the image of a woman dressed in black.  It was promptly painted over!!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....