Swimming



Back in the 1970s swimming was my favourite sport. Indeed, I even won scout badges for it. Pater, and myself would on occasion jump into a swimming pool in Windsor when it was freezing cold...The water was likewise cold too!! However, the experience was just simply invigorating! Recommended for those in good health!

I had a number of swimming strokes such as the crawl, the breast stroke, and the butterfly. I used to swim very fast in a flash from one end of the pool to the other..

One thing I learnt from all this is the great importance of diving in properly. A special posture was required in order to safely "slide" into the water below....otherwise it would be dangerous..

When I went underwater I never used goggles as they continually filled with water. Instead I used my open eyes to see into the depths of the swimming pool. Due to the chlorine they soon became red but this did not concern me much.

One of the things I used to do was to swim right down to the bottom of the deep end of the pool, and touch its surface...then quickly ascend to get oxygen. All in all swimming was fun...



Depart4x100.jpgDepart4x100.jpg


PS Another form of exercise I used to love was cycling, and once had one of the famous Chopper bikes of the 1970s...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....