The Disappeared Family "Archives."





The family "archives" seem to have long disappeared. I used to have albums for photos, and postcards. They cannot be traced. Then  there are the old home cine films which have disappeared even though they were put together onto a cd to make for ease of viewing. This too seems to have vanished into thin air. What I am left with essentially are memories.




On the cd of the old home cine films I recall basically the following.




i) Having ice cream in Savill Gardens as a child




ii) Images of a place called the Villa outside Oswestry. One movie clip involves my grandmother appearing, and then disappearing outside her her old "Victorian" home. A simple camera trick.




iii) Some stop motion involving Action Men on a Spanish beach




iv) Making "rude" gestures outside a Sunday School in Langley as a youngster!




v) Recorded travelling from a Sunday School in Windsor to my home in which I filmed the road trip next to my pater who ofcourse was driving. The weather was also a spot gloomy at the time....




vi) Driving a child's silver racing car in Langley. It used rigorous peddle power to get around at speed.




vii) A clip of Ivan "the Terrible "(my Burmese cat) moving absent mindedly along the top of the brick wall in Windsor, and then suddenly falling off!




viii) Being in the paddling pool playing with a tiny green reproduction of  an "aircraft" from Thunderbirds the famous puppet show. The actual toy originated from a cereal pack.




There may have been other things of note which I cannot recall.




My photo albums had a number of stills. These included (apart from holiday postcards) images of me...


a)....dressed as a King brandishing a huge reproduction sword of  the Spanish King Leon for a Medieval Fair. It was extremely heavy for a 15 year old let along an adult!! People in the past must have been very strong..




b)....me clothed in a bright purple suit with both hands on my lapels as if I were a politician about to make a speech! My trousers had flares which was common in the 1970s. This photo was taken in  the walled patio of my Windsor home, and included images of my grandparents on pater's side.



c)...there were many photos of Spain, Germany, France, et cetera...but they are no more sadly..



I should just add that I always found it embarrassing when mater (and pater) wanted to show films of me (and the family etc) when I was so very young to friends, or even relatives. This was also true about the photo albums.  Anyway, enough of nostalgia....







An older pic of the blogger with longer hair. The photo was taken infront of the wall of Serena Hall, Slough. Someone once said that I looked like a monk in this pic. Physically in those days I was somewhat large like Friar Tuck of Robin Hood fame!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....