The Heatwaves and other Aerial Phenomena

 

I found 2022 an extremely odd year for one reason or another. I will not go into that and neither will I discuss a certain something which was painfully traumatic and false for a long period of time. Mayhaps another time...I also experienced "tinnitus" too for the first time....... and I had a nasty accident by hitting the fleshy sockett of my eye into a wire fence which was very painful for a time and much blood was lost! My vision though was luckily  unaffected by this..............


Anyway,  like those in the UK I experienced the hottest day on record. It was bizarre. I went out onto the High Street and could feel this wind of intense heat around me. It was most peculiar and "unnatural."Ofcourse there were other heatwaves that drained me of energy temporarily. Most unpleasant. It is "alright"  if one lived in a country which was used to it. 


Google listings for the UKs hottest day of the year since records begun....... July 19th 2022!!


Also there were on occasion strange weather "phenomena" in the sky at night..notably clouds being lit up from within by  light ...but no rain or indeed, lighting bolts! Rather disturbing infact!

However, another aerial  "phenomena" where I lived was the yearly noise of fireworks celebrating Diwali. It was quite irritating...!  On this occasion it reminded me of the sounds of gun fire as heard on certain videos of the Ukraine war. Likewise  I became more aware of the noise of aeroplanes going overhead as never before as it reminded me of the sound being very similiar to that made by Russian fighter jets !! ...I should add I live close to Heathrow airport in Chalvey, Slough. Such sounds are heard in Windsor too which is close by. I used to live there in the 1960s and 1970s and we all got used to all this and thought nothing of it as it was usually only a "distant" rumble. Incidently, I recall also listening to a BBC programme in 2015 in which someone was being interviewed in connection to the the anniversary of the "signing"* of the Magna Carta back in 1215. It was "seriously" interrupted by a the noise of a plane flying over!







 * King John did not sign the Magna Carta with pen and ink but attached a Seal to it indicating acceptance for it at Runnymede not far from Windsor Castle. 

And also one other thing......


 2022  was also the year of the Queen's sad death and lavish funeral. Though I live near Windsor I did not attend it in any way, and now we have a new monarch King Charles III! He is very keen on the climate change issue and the link below shows a pic of the Long Walk "suffering" from the effect of  extreme hot weather. The Long Walk Pic /plus article....










Finally, I have to say...............................  GOOD RIDDANCE TO 2022! 


                                          



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....