Some Fatal and Near FatalExperiences of the Blogger!!

The following may not be suited for the squemish! But here we go...


I) Three  Fatal Experiences



At Serena Hall in Slough I was talking to a friend who was sitting on the other table next to mine. He also had next to him an elderly  woman called Pam (not her real name). I think she just finished her coffee. Anyway, I looked to my right,  and I saw her face up under the other table. Her face was frozen with fear, and shock. Her eyes wide open...and unblinking.. I knew she had "gone." However, at hospital she was physically still alive, but her brain was dead. Her daughters decided to turn off the life support, and her funeral was arranged.

What struck me as extremely odd was that I felt no real sadness, or horror about witnessing the sudden passing of Pam. It seemed so natural, and even wonderful..What a way to go...just like that...especially when some people suffer pain for so many years with certain kinds cancer for example? Maybe if I had known her very well I would have been more emotional about the situation at the time but as things stood this was not the case at all...


Once in the mall in Slough I saw an elderly woman lying on floor. Her eyes were rolling about in her head, and her face, and arms were turning blue. She died later in the ambulance....


In another instance, I recall seeing part of the back of a "land rover" tipped into a large hole where building work was being undertaken for a future Starbucks in Slough. Opposite this small site I saw a woman lying near by. Her body seemed unscathed.. but it was fastened onto a "board" and placed on a public "bench". Nobody was near it save me who ventured to have a closer look out of "ghoulish" curiosity. For some reason, or other I held my hands infront of  her motionless face, and got no reaction. She was clearly a goner, and presumably the driver of the "land rover" which had mistakenly entered the small building site, and hence, into the hole causing "instant" death.




II) Near Fatal Experiences of the Blogger



As we can  be seen in the above death can come to us at any time..anywhere. We are only here for a short time. So, we need to do what we want do in our limited lifespan, or at least do as much as possible. Like many other people I have also had  some near fatal experiences in which I nearly died "by accident." I thought I would just list my key experiences with some "exposition".



1) As a babe I was swept away from a beach, and would have not survived if no one had rescued me. I have no memory of this per se. But once I had a dream of "peacefully" floating in the sea...



2) In 1980, or thereabouts I was in a bookshop in Kensington High Street, London. I suddenly became aware of my heart beating furiously. I had never experienced this before, and I thought I was going to die. An ambulance was called, and was taken to hospital, and the health scare later  disappeared..


3) Back in the early 1970s I was at Staines swimming pool, and someone without thinking dived in. Unfortunately, I was underwater at the same spot, and was nearly knocked unconscious. Indeed, I could feel myself sinking, and sinking, and loosing conciousness....but my determination won over, and headed quickly upwards to the surface desparately getting my breath back again.


4) Once a nail entered my foot whilst doing some work somewhere. I had to quickly go to hospital as the resulting wound was swelling. Very painful. However, I received the relevant injection of medicine, and everything went back to normal....


5) I was nearly killed by a white van in Burnham as I crossed a road. I spun around like a top and fell backwards. The van had  run over my feet, and pulled virtually all the muscles. Thus, walking was extremely painful. I did not seek medical  attention, and the pain disappeared after a number of days.


6) For a number of years I have had coughing fits (and summer flus)which have since subsided (touchwood!). I remember when I was in the old Slough Library I was on the public computer. I suddenly had an extreme coughing fit, and I stood up only to "comically" collapse onto the floor after hitting the side of table which made me briefly unconscious. When I became aware I was surprised to see a whole load of people surrounding me wondering what the matter was!!


7) When I was working for Sir Micheal Shersby in his garden I was stung by some insect on the jaw...which suddenly swelled, and swelled into a ugly lump! Fortunately, the right medicine came to the rescue..but the pain was excruciating...


8) Perhaps the most painful experience so far was when I was sitting in the old Slough bus station and I felt immense pain in the upper torso of my body. It was as if all my rib muscles had been pulled...I was in tears. It lasted for about half an hour, and went..thank God!


9) Another appalling experience was food poisoning which is fairly common even in this day, and age! It must have been about 1980, and I was doing a horticulture course. I had a pleasant dinner, and also I recall having a potato, and mayonaise salad with it. This I believed may have been the key culprit of what happened. As I got back to my hotel I had a brain splitting headache, and I was uncontrollably sick in the sink, and in the toilet. In the latter case, this ofcourse was mainly diahorrea!! I even feared for my life......At times, I felt a literal rumbling in my stomach like a minature volcano getting ready to explode, and pour out lava...but in this case it was sickly fluid which came out!!



So, there we are !!

RS



File:StillLifeWithASkull.jpg



                                                        






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....