The World of Art



When I was very young I used to love drawing, and painting. Though not technically a royalist I did an oil painting of the Queen which was highly accurate. It was directly based on a postcard. This was about 1973, or 2. I cannot recall exactly. Anyway, I thought I would donate it to the Curfew Tower where I used to help the official guide during the weekend. But it disappeared, and was never hung up! I was ofcourse naïve that it would be displayed.

Apart from the ill fated oil painting mentioned above I also did other ones notably the crucifixion, a bullfight, and Queen Elizabeth I giving her famous speech at Tilbury. I also loved sketching, and on occasion used water colours, or more often or not coloured pencils.

In those days, I was a great lover of history. I loved to try, and recreate historical scenes from the past. It was a kind of an obsession.                 

Besides art and history my other interests included chess, astronomy (I had a large telescope for a while), stamp collecting, reading, card games, archaeology, philosophy, photography, filming (using the old cine camera!)  and the like.



                                       My new art set in a wooden box on display..originally give to me as a                                               present!




File:Queen Elizabeth II in March 2015.jpg




                          
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Curfew Tower of Windsor Castle

Some Pics from the past.....

The Passing Away of Pater....